Welcome to Collinsville Area Camera Club
The Collinsville Area Camera Club is a photography club for beginners as well as experienced photographers to meet regularly, share ideas and information so all can improve their images and have fun learning together in an informal atmosphere. The club holds regular meetings, various photo shoot outings, and regular print and digital photo critiques. Membership dues are $25 per year. CACC is affiliated with the Photographic Society of America (PSA). The Collinsville Area Camera Club is located in Collinsville, Illinois, just outside of the greater St. Louis, Missouri area.
Collinsville Area Camera Club meetings are held the 2nd Tuesday of the month from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. at the Collinsville Area Recreation District (CARD) Building, located at #10 Gateway Drive, Collinsville, IL 62234 (Map Link), in Eastport Plaza across from the Gateway Convention Center. After meetings, feel free to join us at Culver’s in Collinsville (Website Link) for an after meeting treat and fun photography discussion. Guests are always welcome to CACC meetings! Please stop by and join us for a meeting.
2017-2018 Meeting Schedule
Collinsville Area Camera Club has a new meeting format for the 2017-18 year. There are three types of meeting formats; Speaker, Print Critique and Digital Critique. Speaker meetings focus on a guest speaker with a designated meeting topic. Print and Digital Critiques focus on members photography with member group discussion.
May 9, 2017 – Digital Photo Critique
June 13, 2017 – Print Photo Critique
July 11, 2017 – Ryan Miksell/Digital Critique/GrabBag Signup
August 8, 2017 – Digital Photo Critique
Sept. 12, 2017 – Print Photo Critique/Grab Bag Passout
October 10, 2017 – Grab Bag Prints Special Competition*
October 17, 2017 – CACC Board Meeting
– schedule subject to changes. Check e-mail for updates.
Nov. 14, 2017 – Speaker/Digital Critique – Brady Kesner
Dec. 12, 2017 – Holiday Potluck Party at CARD
January 9, 2018 – Print Photo Critique
February 6, 2018 – CACC Board Meeting
February 13, 2018 – Speaker/Digital Critique – Nancy Parker
March 13, 2018 – Digital Photo Critique
April 10, 2018 – End of Year Dinner/Special Competition**
Special Competitions: This year we will have a few special competitions, with CASH prizes. Be sure to check your e-mail or attend club meetings for more details on these special competitions.
* Grab Bag Competition (Oct. 10th): Last year we did a grab bag competition and it was very successful, so we decided to bring it back again this year! A grab bag is a bag with lots of fun items in it that members photograph however they please. Photographs have to contain any items within the bag. You can get as creative as you like with the items! We will need members to sign-up for the competition at the July, 11th meeting, or contact the Facilitator Marjorie Eversman, so we know how many grab bags to prepare. This year there will be a $$CASH$$ prize for the judged grab bag competition so be sure to participate! At the September 12th meeting, grab bags will be passed out to those who signed-up for the competition. This will be a PRINT competition with an outside judge brought in to judge the competition. The Grab Bag Competition will be held at the October 10th meeting.
** Special End of Year Competition: There will be a Special Competition at our End of Year meeting in April 2018. More details to follow on this competition, so please check your e-mail and attend club meetings for more details closer to time.
Photo Critique Meetings
For the 2017-18 year, CACC photo critiques and judging are a little bit different than previous years. Last season, CACC members were asked what they would like to see differently for photography critiques and judging. Club members expressed the need and desire to discuss members photography in a small group setting. As a result, the CACC Board decided to change the way we are critiquing members images. We have added open photo critiques involving the entire audience to the meeting schedule. This format is to engage discussion with our membership to improve upon our images. Photo critiques are an excellent way to get feedback on your work and a great way to practice discussing photography. Join us at photo critique meetings to share your ideas and have fun learning together!
Print Critique Directions
1. Please submit up to two color prints and two monochrome prints per Print Critique meeting.
2. Mount your printed images on stiff material like board, foam core or a photo matte.
3. Put your name and title on the top left on the back of the image so photo handlers know which direction to place your image.
4. Place your images on the front table in the meeting room before the Print Critique meeting begins.
Digital Critique Directions
1. Please submit up to two color images and two monochrome images per Digital Critique meeting.
2. Size your images to 1000 pixels on the longest side. For sizing assistance, please see Resizing in Elements.
3. Name your file with your First and Last name, image title and save your file as a jpeg file.
4. E-mail your jpeg files to firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Submit your images by midnight the Saturday before the Digital Critique meeting.
Photo Shoot Outings
Photo shoots are outings to local areas or local events to take photos and spend time with CACC members. Photo shoots usually last around two hours and may include lunch or dinner somewhere nearby afterwards.
Photo shoots for the 2017-2018 calendar year are being organized differently than past years. We are asking our members to assist with coming up with photo shoot locations and events to attend. If you have ideas for a local photo shoot, or know of a good event to attend, please contact the CACC president with your idea or bring it up at a CACC club meeting. We will be communicating photo shoots for this calendar year via e-mail to current paid members and at club meetings. So please stay tuned for upcoming photo shoots to come!
All photo shoots have a designated person as Facilitator. This person organizes the photo shoot, keeps the list of those planning to attend, and is the contact person for that photo shoot. If you plan to attend the photo shoot, please sign up for it at a meeting or contact the Facilitator that you plan to attend. If your plans change, please call the Facilitator and let them know you are not able to attend the event. If you are in need of a carpool for an event, please let the Facilitator know so plans can be made ahead of time.
When you attend a photo shoot, please be sure to bring proper equipment and items you may need. Please wear comfortable clothing and shoes, bring bottled water, sunblock, cellphone, rain gear, etc. and anything else you may need while out photographing.
CACC Members Photography